Saturday, October 27, 2012

2012 Inspiration Deck Swap


Jessica Brogran, over at In Search of Dessert, is sponsoring again this year, an Inspiration Deck Swap - you can read about the swap earlier this year here.


I decided late, last night as a matter of fact, to participate in the swap.  So I stayed up a little late and gessoed my cards.  This morning I gessoed the backside before I went with my mom to help her feed and turn out a friend of hers horses.

This morning, using soft gel (gloss) I attached my cards to tissue paper.  A few are on dark purple tissue, a larger group on lilac paper and and even larger group on black.


I then mixed clear tar gel with some Black Ice Silks Acrylic Glaze and drizzled it over the black tissue covered cards.


For the cards on the lilac tissue, I used Dr. Ph Martins India ink, red violet and aqua.  I drizzled the inks then lifted the cards so that the ink would run across the cards, then I used a spouncer to spread the ink more.

While the cards were drying I picked all my inspirational quotes and put them into a word document and printed them out.

Jessica suggests putting contact information on the back side of the card, I thought about how to do this and decided to put my information into a QRCode which I could print and attach to the cards.  I printed them .5" by .5" and will glue them to the back side of the card, along with my kanji.





I hope to have the deck completed and mailed to Jessica by next weekend. Woot!!


4 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Cool technique!

uncustomary said...

This is so awesome! I love the in between steps with the tissue paper.

Trece said...

Look at your arty self go!! You rock!

GourmetPens said...

You're an artist!! I loved this post. I hope you'll share more like it!